The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorite. I enjoy the holiday parties, shopping for my friends and family but most of all, I enjoy baking cookies. Now that I am gluten-free, baking cookies is a bit more challenging. Sure, there are a ton of pre-made cookie mixes out there that are gluten free but I’ve always made my cookies from scratch and I intend to keep doing just that.
Here’s my top 5 list of cookie recipes for the week. Hope you enjoy making them as much as I did!
- Lemon Sugar Cookies (cut out cookies) – These are made with amaranth flower and arrowroot starch (or corn starch) instead of wheat flour. Use your favorite cookie cutter shapes and colored sugar to make them festive for the holidays.
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies – These are yummy – I prefer to use the caramel Hershey kisses in place of candy cane but you can use whatever variety you like provided they are GF (not all varieties of Hershey kisses are GF).
- Peanut butter peck cookies – This recipe is a little tricky but the coconut oil gives the cookie great texture and flavor.
- Buckeyes – Easiest recipe of all time that requires no baking.
- Almond Cookies – Made with Rice Flour instead of Wheat flour. I love this recipe because the almond flavor comes from extract not marzapan which I have a hard time working with.